Even though they appear to be quite simple and straightforward, mixing bowls are actually an important asset of any kitchen.
While some people might dismiss that they can simply use soup bowls for mixing ingredients, they don’t know what they’re missing out on. After all, a well-made mixing bowl will make it significantly easier to mix, whisk, and batter ingredients.
If you’re on the search for the best mixing bowls, then you’ve come to the right place. In this review, I will list all the best mixing bowls now available, along with the tips on how to find the most suitable product for you.
- What Material Is the Best for Mixing Bowls?
- Best Mixing Bowls Comparison Chart
- What Are The Best Mixing Bowls To Buy?
- Top 15 Best Mixing Bowls Reviews 2020
- OXO Good Grips 3-Piece Set Of Plastic Mixing Bowls
- Vremi 13-Piece Set Of Plastic Mixing Bowls
- Umite Chef 6-Piece Set Of Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls
- Honla 2-Piece Set Of Plastic Mixing Bowls
- Rachael Ray 2-Piece Set Of Melamine Stackable Mixing Bowls
- Anchor Hocking 2-Quart Ovenproof Glass Mixing Bowl
- Wildone 5-Piece Set Of Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls
- Westmark 2-Piece Set Of Multi-Ply Mixing Bowls
- Charedara 18-Piece Set Of Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls
- Pyrex 3-Piece Set Of Non-Porous Glass Mixing Bowls
- OXO Good Grips Batter Plastic Mixing Bowls
- KitchenAid Stainless Steel Silver Mixing Bowl
- Nordic Ware 3-Piece Set Of Plastic Mixing Bowls
- Gorilla Grip Original 2-Piece Set Of Plastic Mixing Bowls
- Joseph Joseph 40087 Multicolor 9-Piece Set Of Plastic Mixing Bowls
- Buying Guide For Best Mixing Bowl
- My Top Pick
What Material Is the Best for Mixing Bowls?
Before buying a mixing bowl, first, you need to know the basic characteristics of different materials used for making mixing bowls. Once you’re equipped with this knowledge, you’ll be able to find a suitable product easier.
Stainless Steel: One of the most popular materials used for making mixing bowls, stainless steel is favored because of their lightweight construction. Furthermore, stainless steels mixing bowls will not break or crack.
Another advantage of stainless steel mixing bowls is that they can conduct heat faster than all the other materials. Nevertheless, stainless steel can’t go into the microwave, thus rendering you unable to heat up food in microwaves.
Glass: If you frequently need to put your mixture in the microwave, then maybe you will like glass mixing bowls. Furthermore, the transparency of glass will help you see if there’s any pocket of unmixed ingredients.
Due to their elegance, glass mixing bowls can sometimes be used as a serving bowl also. This will definitely reduce the number of cookware you need in the kitchen, thus saving you quite a bit of money.
Like stainless steel, glass is non-porous in nature. Therefore, glass mixing bowls will not obtain any unpleasant odor and flavors from previous recipes.
Plastic/ Silicone: One of the biggest reasons plastic mixing bowls are so popular is thanks to their inexpensive price. Additionally, plastic mixing bowls are tough to the point of virtually unbreakable. Their lightweight design is also highly appreciated.
Plastic mixing bowls can come in handy when making salads and serving various dishes in a picnic or a potluck.
One major downside of plastic mixing bowls is that they might melt if they’re exposed to hot heat sources. Furthermore, some certain plastic bowls can absorb strong odors such as garlic.
Ceramic: Ceramic bowls usually have an elegant design that makes them a suitable candidate for serving food. They’re usually microwave- and oven-safe, which means that you can quickly reheat food in these mixing bowls as well.
Another advantage of ceramic mixing bowls is that they are heavy enough that the bowls can have better stability on the kitchen counter. As a result, you will find it easier to mix ingredients in these bowls, even when you’re using an electric mixer.
However, ceramic bowls are a bit delicate as they are quite vulnerable to chipping and cracking.
Best Mixing Bowls Comparison Chart
To shorten your searching time, I’ve compiled this comparison of the best mixing bowls in 2020. All the information in the chart should help you know immediately if you want to have a closer look at the product.
|Best Mixing Bowls||Capacity||Materials||Product Dimensions|
|OXO Good Grips 3-Piece Set Of Plastic Mixing Bowls - Best Overall||1.5 quarts, 3 quarts, 5 quarts||Plastic||5.75 x 11.6 x 11.2 inches|
|Vremi 13-Piece Set Of Plastic Mixing Bowls - Best for Budget||16.5 cups (4 quarts), 2.4 cups (0.5 quarts)||Plastic||10.3 x 10.7 x 5.09 inches|
|Umite Chef 6-Piece Set Of Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls - Best With Lid||1 quart, 1.5 quarts, 2 quarts, 2.5 quarts, 3.5 quarts, 7 quarts||Stainless steel Silicone lid||11.8 x 11.7 x 5.9 inches|
|Honla 2-Piece Set Of Plastic Mixing Bowls - Best With Handles||3 quarts||Plastic||9.84 x 7.68 x 1.18 inches|
|Rachael Ray 2-Piece Set Of Melamine Stackable Mixing Bowls - Best With Spout||2 quarts, 3 quarts||Melamine||14.2 x 13.4 x 10.1 inches|
|Anchor Hocking 2-Quart Ovenproof Glass Mixing Bowl - Best for Whipping Cream||2 liters||Glass||10.25 x 7.75 x 5.75 inches|
|Wildone 5-Piece Set Of Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls - Best With Measurements||0.63 quarts, 1.5 quarts, 2 quarts, 3 quarts, 5 quarts||Stainless steel, silicone||10.4 x 6.2 x 10.4 inches|
|Westmark 2-Piece Set Of Multi-Ply Mixing Bowls - Best With Splash Guard||118.3 ounces||Multi-ply||11.02 x 10.63 x 5.71 inches|
|Charedara 18-Piece Set Of Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls - Best With Whisk||1.5 quarts, 2 quarts, 2.5 quarts, 3.5 quarts, 4 quarts, 5.5 quarts, 7 quarts||Stainless steel, silicone||12.3 x 12.1 x 6.4 inches|
|Pyrex 3-Piece Set Of Non-Porous Glass Mixing Bowls - Best for Sourdough||1 quart, 1.5 quarts, 2.5 quarts||Non-porous glass||11.25 x 10.88 x 4.5 inches|
|OXO Good Grips Batter Plastic Mixing Bowls - Best for Hand Mixer||8 cups (2 quarts)||BPA-free plastic||5.5 x 7 x 7.5 inches|
|KitchenAid Stainless Steel Silver Mixing Bowl - Best for Baking||4.5 quarts||Stainless steel||9.6 x 8.8 x 7 inches|
|Nordic Ware 3-Piece Set Of Plastic Mixing Bowls - Best for Meringue||2 quarts, 3.5 quarts, 5 quarts||BPA-free and melamine-free plastic||10.88 x 10.88 x 5.13 inches|
|Gorilla Grip Original 2-Piece Set Of Plastic Mixing Bowls||3 quarts, 5 quarts||Premium-quality plastic||11.6 x 11.4 x 5.9 inches|
|Joseph Joseph 40087 Multicolor 9-Piece Set Of Plastic Mixing Bowls||4.8 quart, 3.2 quarts, 1.75 quarts, 0.5 quart, 1 cup||Plastic||12.6 x 10.6 x 5.7 inches|
What Are The Best Mixing Bowls To Buy?
If you’re having troubles deciding what you want to get, perhaps you’d want to check out this carefully selected list of the best mixing bowls. The short description that comes with each product should also be informative enough.
- Best Overall – OXO Good Grips 3-Piece Set Of Plastic Mixing Bowls
“3-piece set, non-skid bottom, stackable design, BPA-free materials, dishwasher-safe, non-slip handles, wide lips, tall sidewalls.”
- Best for Budget – Vremi 13-Piece Set Of Plastic Mixing Bowls
“13-piece set, mixing bowl with an ergonomic handle, measuring spoons and cups included, features strainer and colander, rubber bottom.”
- Best With Lid – Umite Chef 6-Piece Set Of Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls
“6-piece set, measurement marks included, non-slip bottoms, tightly fit lids, dishwasher-safe.”
- Best With Handles – Honla 2-Piece Set Of Plastic Mixing Bowls
“2-piece set, made from soft PP materials, ergonomic handle, non-skid base, nesting design, lightweight.”
- Best With Spout – Rachael Ray 2-Piece Set Of Melamine Stackable Mixing Bowls
“2-piece set, nesting design, ergonomic handle, top-rack dishwasher-safe, BPA-free, silicone base.”
- Best for Whipping Cream – Anchor Hocking 2-Quart Ovenproof Glass Mixing Bowl
“Made from durable glass, vertical handle, easy-to-pour spout, compatible with several electronic appliances.”
- Best With Measurements – Wildone 5-Piece Set Of Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls
“Permanently engraved scale marks, BPA-free airtight lids, silicone bottom, stackable design, 3 grater attachments included.”
- Best With Splash Guard – Westmark 2-Piece Set Of Multi-Ply Mixing Bowls
“Made from high-quality polypropylene, non-slip bottom, 2-piece lid, suitable for beginners.”
- Best With Whisk – Charedara 18-Piece Set Of Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls
“Whisk and measuring spoons included, airtight BPA-free lids, offers up t o7 different mixing sizes, dishwasher-safe.”
- Best for Sourdough – Pyrex 3-Piece Set Of Non-Porous Glass Mixing Bowls
“Made from high-quality tempered glass, non-porous, compatible with microwaves, preheated ovens, dishwashers, and freezers.”
- Best for Hand Mixer – OXO Good Grips Batter Plastic Mixing Bowls
“Visible measurement markings, 8-cup capacity, non-skid bottom, ergonomic and slip-free handle, dishwasher-safe, BPA-free.”
- Best for Baking – KitchenAid Stainless Steel Silver Mixing Bowl
“Made from high-quality stainless steel, dishwasher-safe, generous capacity, smooth surface, high sidewalls for splatter prevention.”
- Best for Meringue – Nordic Ware 3-Piece Set Of Plastic Mixing Bowls
“Made from BPA-free polypropylene plastic, dishwasher-safe, non-slip bases, compatible with ovens, lightweight and durable.”
Top 15 Best Mixing Bowls Reviews 2020
Without further ado, let’s get into this detailed review section of the best mixing bowls in 2020. Be sure to read the product’s description carefully so that you’ll make the right decision.
OXO Good Grips 3-Piece Set Of Plastic Mixing Bowls
This 3-piece set of mixing bowls from OXO is an excellent choice for mixing bowls, regardless of what you intend to use them for. One of the most popular choices for mixing bowls, the OXO products will definitely improve your cooking experience.
Made from high-quality plastic, this 3-piece set of mixing bowl will not be vulnerable to rust and oxidation damage like stainless steel ones. Furthermore, due to their non-porous nature, these plastic bowls will not attain any unpleasant odor or smell.
That’s not all; this set offers 3 different sizes so that you can choose a suitable one for specific tasks. For instance, you can use the 1.5-quart bowl to whisk some eggs or to make salad dressings while the 3-quart one is ideal for electric mixers.
What’s more, the manufacturers have implemented their products with non-skid bottoms. Therefore, your mixing bowls will stay perfectly stabilized while you’re mixing ingredients.
- 3-piece set
- Non-skid bottom
- Stackable design
- BPA-free materials
- The mixing bowls all have non-slip handles so that you can have a firm grip on the products
- The products have a neat nesting design so that they can be easily stored away without taking up too much space
- The mixing bowls are made with wide lips to make it easier for you to pour substances from them
- The bowls boast tall sidewalls that can reduce the likelihood of splatter, even if you’re using an electric mixer
- Thanks to the simplistic design of the products, you can clean them with relative ease
- Despite being quite lightweight, the mixing bowls are still highly sturdy and durable
- These mixing bowls are not compatible with microwaves
|Product Dimensions||5.75 x 11.6 x 11.2 inches|
|Item Weight||2.8 pounds|
|Manufacturer||OXO Good Grips|
You can check out how sleek these bowls look up close in the following video:
Vremi 13-Piece Set Of Plastic Mixing Bowls
(Best for Budget)
If you’re looking for an economical option, I’m sure that there’s no way you can go wrong with this 13-piece set of mixing bowls from Vermi. One of the most affordable options on the market, the set also come with measuring cups and spoons.
With the Vremi set, you’re several steps closer to completing your set of cookware. For a quite low price, you will get a 4-quart and a 0.5-quart mixing bowl. Aside from the measuring cups and spoons, you will also get a strainer and a colander.
Arriving in multiple bright colors, this 13-piece set will breathe life into your kitchen and transform your kitchen into a happy and bright place. Even a simple task like preparing a salad or mixing dough will become a fun experience.
Understanding that cleaning should never take up too much of your time, the brand has made sure that their products are all durable enough to withstand dishwashers. Made from BPA-free plastic, the products will not release toxins into your food.
- 13-piece set
- Mixing bowl with handle
- Measuring cups and spoons included
- Features strainer and colander
- Rubber bottom
- The mixing bowl has handles on two sides, making it easier for you to get a firm grip on it
- Thanks to the utensils’ smooth surface, you can clean them with little to no effort
- The products from the kit are all made from BPA-free plastic, which is highly lightweight yet durable
- Aside from their nesting design, the products also boast hanging storage holes
- Thanks to its rubber bottom, the mixing bowl can stay put when you’re working on your ingredients
- The measuring spoons have permanently stamped measurements so you can tell each spoon apart
- The 0.5-tablespoon and 1-tablespoon measuring spoons do not fit into standard-size jars
- The surface of the mixing bowl is a bit prone to scratching
|Product Dimensions||10.3 x 10.7 x 5.09 inches|
|Item Weight||2.2 pounds|
Do you think that this is too good to be true? Here is a close-up look at the full set of mixing bowls:
Umite Chef 6-Piece Set Of Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls
(Best With Lid)
For many people, it’s essential that their mixing bowls have lids in order to keep their food clean and fresh. Boasting a sturdy design and tightly fit lid, this 6-piece set of mixing bowls from Umite Chef will make it easier to mix and store food.
Made from premium heavy-gauge stainless steel, the Umite mixing bowls are highly resistant to rust and dent. Furthermore, the bowls’ interiors boast polished mirror finish while their exteriors have a satin fingerprint-proof coating.
What’s more, thanks to their larger-than-average capacity, these mixing bowls will enable you to mix and serve bigger servings. With the set’s various sizes, you will have more flexibility and versatility in the kitchen.
No more worrying about slipper mixing bowls. With their non-slip silicone bottoms, these metal bowls will not be prone to slippage at all. Furthermore, the flat bottoms also mean that the bowls will not wobble when you’re mixing your ingredients.
- 6-piece set
- Measurement marks included
- Non-slip bottoms
- Tightly fit lids
- With their deepened design, these mixing bowls can minimize the likelihood of spill and splatter
- The bowls all have a smooth design without any dead corner, making it significantly easier to clean them
- Their bowls are suitable for people with arthritis and wrist problems thanks to their lightweight construction
- The lids of the bowls are superbly secure
- The lids are all color-coded according to the bases of the bowls so you’ll know exactly which lid goes with which bowl
- The inside of the bowls is a bit prone to scratching
|Product Dimensions||11.8 x 11.7 x 5.9 inches|
|Item Weight||4.79 pounds|
Have a fun sneak peek at this unboxing video, which will allow you to see how well constructed the bowls are:
Honla 2-Piece Set Of Plastic Mixing Bowls
(Best With Handles)
In case you’re looking for a sturdy mixing bowl with a handle so that you can get a good grip on the bowl, I’ve included this fantastic product from Honla for you. Made from soft PP, this 2-piece set of mixing bowl will be a great sidekick in the kitchen.
Boasting a sturdy and durable design, the Honla mixing bowls are equipped with ergonomic handles. Combining this with the bowls’ non-skid bases, you can rest assured that the products will stay in place while you’re mixing ingredients.
Furthermore, these mixing bowls also come with measurement lines inside. As a result, you will be able to accurately determine how much ingredients you’ve put inside the bowl.
That’s not all; the Honla bowls are designed with wide pouring lips that will make pouring cake batter into a pan significantly easier. Therefore, suffice to say that these products are the best mixing bowls for baking.
- 2-piece set
- Made from soft PP
- Ergonomic handle
- Non-skid base
- Nesting design
- The bowls are actually quite lightweight, making them ideal even for people with wrist issues
- Because these bowls don’t have any nooks or dead corners, they’re quite easy to clean and dry
- Thanks to the products’ tall walls, you can whisk and mix anything inside the bowls without worrying about splatters
- These bowls are compatible with even electric mixer; thus, saving your the time and efforts needed to prepare ingredients
- Because the bowls are made from soft PP, they are exceptionally flexible, which means that they are less prone to breaking
- The smooth interiors of the products mean that food is less likely to stick to their inner surfaces
- These bowls are not compatible with both dishwashers and microwave ovens
|Product Dimensions||9.84 x 7.68 x 1.18 inches|
|Item Weight||2.46 ounces|
Rachael Ray 2-Piece Set Of Melamine Stackable Mixing Bowls
(Best With Spout)
Isn’t it annoying that your mixing bowl doesn’t have a decent spout so that you can pour substances into another container without worrying about spillage? If you feel so as well, why not give this set of mixing bowls from Rachael Ray a chance?
Aside from their simplistic yet beautiful design, the Rachael Ray mixing bowls boast a convenient and easy-to-pour spout. Therefore, these bowls are the best choice for baking enthusiasts and chefs who like to make their own sauces and dressings.
Furthermore, these mixing bowls come with rubberized bottom to ensure that the bowls will stay securely in place on your countertops. Meanwhile, the bowl’s ergonomic handle promises to help you maneuver the bowl with relative ease.
- 2-piece set
- Nesting design
- Ergonomic handle
- Top-rack dishwasher-safe
- These bowls are made from BPA-free melamine, meaning that they are less likely to pose health hazards
- The bowls have nesting design so that you can store them away without taking up too much space
- The spouts can minimize the likelihood of spillage when you’re pouring substances from the bowls to another container
- These mixing bowls are easy to use and equally easy to clean
- Despite having a silicone base, these bowls are still a bit on the slippery side
|Product Dimensions||14.2 x 13.4 x 10.1 inches|
|Item Weight||3.04 pounds|
Anchor Hocking 2-Quart Ovenproof Glass Mixing Bowl
(Best for Whipping Cream)
If you find horizontal handles to be hard to maneuver, maybe you will love this perfect combination of an easy-to-pour spout and a vertical handle in the following mixing bowl from Anchor Hocking.
Made from highly durable glass, the Anchor Hocking mixing bowl boasts a decent capacity of 2-quart. With its transparent design and the embossed measurements on its body, this mixing bowl can guarantee the ratio of your ingredients is correct.
No more using a spoon to scrape all the batter from the bowl to another, this mixing bowl boasts an innovative spout, which will definitely leave your kitchen with less mess to clean.
Another feature that you might appreciate in this mixing bowl is that the glass will not leach any harmful chemicals into your food. Furthermore, the glass will not discolor and retain odd smell in any way.
- Made from durable glass
- Vertical handle
- Easy-to-pour spout
- Compatible with preheated ovens, microwave, freezer, refrigerator, and dishwasher
- Thanks to its smooth surface, the bowl is exceptionally easy to clean
- Because the bowl is compatible with many kitchen appliances, it is a lot more versatile than a lot of competing products
- Thanks to its design, the bowl will give you more control and maneuverability when mixing and pouring ingredients
- Because the bowl is quite tall, it can minimize the likelihood of splatter when you’re mixing ingredients with an electric mixer
- The mixing bowl might be a bit heavy.
- Even though the glass is durable, you still need to handle it with care
|Product Dimensions||10.25 x 7.75 x 5.75 inches|
|Item Weight||3.5 pounds|
Wildone 5-Piece Set Of Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls
(Best With Measurements)
If you’re cooking recipes that require the utmost precision, perhaps you’d appreciate having mixing bowls with engraved measurements on them. Arriving in a 5-piece set with up to 3 grater attachments, the Wildone mixing bowls are an excellent option.
As mentioned above, these mixing bowls come with permanently engraved measurements. These markings are stamped on the interior of the mixing bowls so that you can easily see how much ingredient you’ve put inside the bowls.
Made from premium-grade stainless steel, the Wildone mixing bowls are highly durable. Not only are they highly resistant to dent, but these products are also rustproof. As a result, you can expect these bowls to be serving you for years.
Furthermore, these bowls come with BPA-free silicone lids that can guarantee to keep an airtight seal so that your food can stay fresh for as long as possible.
That’s not all, the lid of the largest bowl boasts a removable center. While this might seem redundant at first, this lid is actually very helpful in preventing splash when you use electric mixers to mix liquid ingredients.
- Permanently engraved scale marks
- BPA-free airtight lids
- Silicone bottom
- Stackable design
- These mixing bowls come with 3 grater attachments that will help you quickly grate cheese into the containers for easy mixing
- The bowls boast a deep structure with high walls so that you can feel free to mix, whisk, or beat ingredients without worrying about splatter
- The non-slip silicone bottom will improve the bowl’s stability on virtually all surfaces
- These bowls are quite easy to hold, making it easier for you to get a firm grip on the bowls while mixing
- Despite being quite lightweight, these mixing bowls are impressively durable and sturdy
- These bowls are quite easy to clean
- It might take some time for you to get used to closing the lids onto the bowls
|Product Dimensions||10.4 x 6.2 x 10.4 inches|
|Item Weight||4.69 pounds|
|Material||Stainless steel, silicone|
Westmark 2-Piece Set Of Multi-Ply Mixing Bowls
(Best With Splash Guard)
Are you afraid of getting food splattered all over your hands while mixing? Are you trying to find the perfect mixing tool for your recipes? Then the Westmark 2-piece set of mixing bowls is undoubtedly the choice for you.
Made from the well known Westmark manufacturer, the mixing bowl is made from polypropylene/pe, which makes it both durable and flexible at the same time.
The bowl is exceptionally stable when it comes to mixing. With its non-slip ring at the bottom of the bowl, the product can guarantee you a solid grip while working on your ingredients on the kitchen table.
- Made from polypropylene
- Non-slip bottom
- Two-piece lid
- This mixing bowl can guarantee that your kitchen table is free of messes, no matter how hard you’re mixing ingredients
- Thanks to its innovative design, this bowl is suitable for beginner and/or clumsy chefs and bakers
- The large capacity of the bowl means that you can prepare a large volume of mixture in a short time
- The bowl is exceptionally lightweight, meaning that it’s suitable for even people with mobility problems
- You need to keep the bowl from high temperature heat sources; otherwise, the bowl might disfigure
|Product Dimensions||11.02 x 10.63 x 5.71 inches|
|Item Weight||14.02 ounces|
Charedara 18-Piece Set Of Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls
(Best With Whisk)
What’s the point of buying a separate whisk when you can buy a set of mixing bowls that has an excellent whisk in it? An excellent choice to complete your bakeware set, this product from Charedare will be the perfect addition to your kitchen.
Aside from the whisk, when buying the Charedara 18-piece set, you will also get a spreader spatula, a flexible spatula, a basting brush, and measuring spoons. These definitely will come in handy in the kitchen, regardless of what you’re cooking.
Arriving in 7 different sizes, the Charedare bowl set will accommodate all your mixing needs. Furthermore, with this set, you will never have to worry about running out of mixing bowls in the middle of your cooking process ever again.
What’s more, the Charedara set also comes with airtight BPA-free lids. These will ensure that the food in the bowl is protected from dust and bugs. Unlike some of its competitors, the set’s lids are actually very easy to close.
- Whisk and measuring spoons included
- Airtight BPA-free lids
- Offers up to 7 different mixing sizes
- These bowls boast non-slip silicone bottoms, which can ensure that the bowls stay in place while you’re working on your ingredients
- The smooth rounded edge of the bowl means that there are virtually no potential hazards when using the product
- The matte finish exterior of the bowls not only make the products look more attractive, but also protects them from possible rush and oxidation
- These mixing bowls can ensure that no harmful chemicals can leach into your food
- The lids might not be completely airtight
|Product Dimensions||12.3 x 12.1 x 6.4 inches|
|Item Weight||5.99 pounds|
|Material||Stainless steel, silicone|
Pyrex 3-Piece Set Of Non-Porous Glass Mixing Bowls
(Best for Sourdough)
Are you finding a mixing bowl that can be dynamically used for many purposes? Are you tired of finding the ultimate mixing bowl for your sourdough? This product from Pyrex will definitely make you stop looking for the perfect mixing bowl.
This glass-made, high-quality mixing bowl can be used for mixing, microwaving, and serving food and ingredients. Moreover, this mixing bowl is also dishwasher-safe due to its high-quality tempered glass material, which makes cleaning a breeze.
For those who are constantly worrying about smells that come from your previous servings, then worry no more, because this particular mixing bowl won’t absorb food odors at all.
- Made from high-quality tempered glass
- Compatible with microwave, preheated ovens, dishwashers, and freezers
- Non-porous in nature
- Made in the USA
- These mixing bowls are compatible with many electronic appliances in the kitchen, thus, giving you more versatility and flexibility
- These products are exceptionally easy to clean
- Thanks to their non-porous nature, these mixing bowls can meet even the strictest sanitary standards
- Because the bowls are highly durable and sturdy, you can rest assured that the quality of these products will stand up to the test of time
- The large capacities of the bowls make them suitable for storing food as well
- The product might be a bit heavy
|Product Dimensions||11.25 x 10.88 x 4.5 inches|
|Item Weight||6.59 pounds|
OXO Good Grips Batter Plastic Mixing Bowls
(Best for Hand Mixer)
Ever find it hard to measure the exact proportion for your recipes? Or have you ever found your electronic mixer too heavy to handle? Then this product from OXO Good Grips, which is the best mixing bowl for hand mixers, might be the one for you.
This simple, well-designed mixing bowl is so easy to use that it can’t get any easier than this. Thanks to its soft and comfortable handle, users can maneuver the product with exceptional ease.
Moreover, the OXO mixing bowl boasts a non-skid base, which helps stabilize the bowl. Therefore, you can leave the bowl on the kitchen counter and use both of your hands to control the hand mixer instead.
In addition, thanks to the bowl’s red marking for measurements, you can stop worrying about putting the wrong amount of ingredients into your recipes. Cleaning up the bowl will be a breeze as well due to the product’s dishwasher-safe nature.
- Visible measurement markings
- 8-cup capacity
- Non-skid bottom
- Ergonomic and slip-free handle
- Because its measurement markings are printed in bold red, this mixing bowl is suitable for people with poor eyesight
- Thanks to the bowl high sidewalls, you can whisk and mix food without worrying about splatter
- Because it’s made from high-quality material, the bowl is highly sturdy and durable
- The lightweight design of the bowl means that it’s suitable for virtually any user
- Even though the bowl does not retain any odor or flavor from previous servings, it does tend to pick up stain from food
|Product Dimensions||5.5 x 7 x 7.5 inches|
|Manufacturer||OXO Good Grips|
KitchenAid Stainless Steel Silver Mixing Bowl
(Best for Baking)
Have you ever found your mixing tool to be a bit too delicate for your rough handling? Are you tired of washing out the unpleasant odors lingering onto your mixing bowl? If that’s the case, why not check out this product from KitchenAid?
Made out of thick stainless steel, this silver mixing bowl can be used for various tasks in the kitchen. With its smooth surfaces, the mixing bowl is suitable for even the stickiest baking dough.
Boasting a flat bottom that boosts its stability, this mixing bowl comes with a sturdy handle. Furthermore, the bowl’s generous capacity also means that you can mix up to 6 dozen cookies, 6 pounds of mashed potatoes, or 3 loaves of bread at once.
With all the previously mentioned features of this mixing bowls taken into consideration, there’s no doubt that this is one of the best mixing bowls for baking.
- Made from high-quality stainless steel
- Generous capacity
- This mixing bowl is one of the most durable products now available
- The KitchenAid is both easy to use and to clean
- The smooth surface of the mixing bowl makes it easier to scrape the batter off of the bowl
- Thanks to its high sidewall, this mixing bowl can minimize the likelihood of splatter and spillage
- Because the bowl is not padded with silicone, the product might get stuck on the kitchen counter if the bottom of the bowl is wet
|Product Dimensions||9.6 x 8.8 x 7 inches|
|Item Weight||1 pound|
Nordic Ware 3-Piece Set Of Plastic Mixing Bowls
(Best for Meringue)
It might not be easy to come across high-quality mixing bowls with such beautiful designs, such as this one. Made by Nordic Ware, these microwave-safe bowls are uniquely designed so that they can be fitted into one another for easier storage.
Arriving in various bright colors, these bowls can be used best for storing, mixing, prepping as well as serving food at potlucks or picnics. With their modern design, these mixing bowls will definitely bring joy to your cooking experience.
Furthermore, these mixings bowls come in different sizes that can accommodate different mixing needs. Whether you only need to make a quick mixture or a large batch of dough, you can undoubtedly count on the Joseph Joseph mixing bowls.
What’s more, these highly versatile bowls are suitable for melting, cooking, and reheating food in the microwave as well. Moreover, you won’t have to worry about manually cleaning these bowls because they are all completely dishwasher-safe.
- Made from BPA-free polypropylene plastic
- Non-slip bases
- These bowls are lightweight enough that you can easily bring them with you on your picnic and camping trips
- You can use these bowls for both preparing and serving food
- The bowls have a rough texture on the outside, making it easier for you to get a firm grip on the product
- The bowls are exceptionally durable, meaning that they can withstand rough handling with little to no problem
- These mixing bowls can splatter ingredients easily if you’re not careful enough
|Product Dimensions||10.88 x 10.88 x 5.13 inches|
|Item Weight||0.96 ounces|
|Material||BPA-free and melamine-free plastic|
Gorilla Grip Original 2-Piece Set Of Plastic Mixing Bowls
Ever find your mixing bowl a bit too slippery? Do you want to find a decent mixing bowl with enough stability so that you can prepare your food without any hassle? If so, this product from Gorilla Grip will be the perfect solution to your problem.
With its uniquely designed slip-resistant bottom, this product is made to stay in place on your counter during heavy mixing or even when tilted. Along with its extra-sturdy handle, mixing with this bowl will be an easy task for even the clumsiest baker.
The most common worry of most chefs is the mess that comes with pouring the mixture. However, this will no longer be an issue with this fantastic product. Thanks to the bowls’ wide-lip spouts, spillage when pouring is definitely not a problem.
Boasting ergonomic handles, these mixing bowls will ensure that you can maneuver them with relative ease. Moreover, this bowl is dishwasher safe, so cleaning the set will be a walk in the park.
- Made from premium-quality plastic
- Ergonomic handles
- Easy-to-pour spouts
- These mixing bowls have high sidewalls that can prevent spillage and splatter
- The bowls’ generous capacity means that you can prepare virtually any recipes in them
- The stackable design of the bowls allows you to store them away without taking up too much space
- The bowls’ elegant design allows you to serve food inside them as well
- The interior of the bowl tends to scratch if you’re not careful
|Product Dimensions||11.6 x 11.4 x 5.9 inches|
|Item Weight||2.35 pounds|
Joseph Joseph 40087 Multicolor 9-Piece Set Of Plastic Mixing Bowls
For many people, it can be quite frustrating trying to find decent mixing bowls with equally decent measuring spoons. If you’re tired of trying to find the perfect mixing bowl, why not give this fantastic 9-piece set of mixing bowls a try?
Boasting non-slip bases, these colorful mixing bowls can guarantee that you will be able to easily mix your ingredients without any trouble. Furthermore, the bowls’ tall sidewalls mean that splatter will be kept to a minimum.
Furthermore, these mixing bowls can be stacked neatly into one another. As a result, this 9-piece set will not take up too much of your storage space. Additionally, these bowls will not pose any health risks as they’re all made from BPA-free materials.
- Made from BPA-free polypropylene plastic
- Measuring cups included
- Colander included
- Not only are these bowls suitable for preparing ingredients, they can also be used to serve food
- The accurate measuring spoons that come with the bowls will help you follow your recipes with the utmost precision
- The set also includes a colander so that you can keep your ingredients dry if needed
- The bowls are designed with ergonomic handles, making it easier for you to grip and carry the bowls
- Thanks to their plain and simple design, the bowls are quite easy to clean
- The lack of a medium-size bowl might be troublesome
|Product Dimensions||12.6 x 10.6 x 5.7 inches|
|Item Weight||2.4 pounds|
Do you want to see how well these mixing bowls work? Why not have a look at the following video:
Buying Guide For Best Mixing Bowl
It’s always better to be equipped with some useful tips and tricks when buying a new product. Understanding this, I will list out some features you need to pay attention to so that you can find the best mixing bowls possible.
As I have already mentioned at the beginning of this review, different materials will have different characteristics. Therefore, first, you need to determine what material you’d want your mixing bowls to be made out of.
Capacity is also an essential aspect of a mixing bowl. After all, it will be quite annoying if your bowl is too small for your mixing needs or too large that using the bowl might seem a bit redundant.
If you cook and bake frequently, then you should buy a set of at least three different capacities. The standard capacities of a mixing bowl set should be 3, 5, and 8 quarts.
If possible, always choose a tall bowl. Tall mixing bowls can reduce the likelihood of spillage and splatter. However, if you’re a bit on the short side, you can choose a bowl shallow enough that you will not have to strain your wrist to batter the ingredients.
Furthermore, you should look for bowls with gentle curves, which will make it more comfortable for you to reach into the bowl to whisk and stir. Furthermore, the gentle curves also mean that you will have an effortless time scraping food from the bowl.
For mixing bowls that don’t have handles, you should go for products with a thick rim. This will help you get a firmer grip on the bowl without straining your muscles too much.
However, if you have wrist issues or arthritis, then you should always choose mixing bowls with a handle.
It’s always preferable if you choose a mixing bowl with a non-slip base. This will help the bowl stabilize on the kitchen counter while you mix your ingredients.
If the mixing bowl doesn’t have a silicone bottom, then you should choose the product that has a rough texture or a heavy weight to help the bowl stay firmly put.
Do you still have unanswered questions that make you unable to make a decision? If so, you can check out the section down below, where I will answer some common issues one might have when buying mixing bowls.
My Top Pick
If you still haven’t been able to make a decision, allow me to recommend the OXO Good Grips 3-piece Set Of Mixing Bowls, which is perfectly suitable for both amateur and professional chefs.
What product do you intend to get? Do you have any noteworthy mixing bowl that you’d like to share with me? Don’t hesitate to leave a comment down below.