For people who love cooking, a cookbook is indispensable for producing delicious results. Today’s digital devices help make recipes much more available to everyone.
In addition to traditional print cookbooks, you can easily search for any online recipes you need on a smartphone, tablet, or iPad.
This fact means that now cookbook stands should be designed not only for print books but also for digital devices. My reviews of the top 12 best cookbook stands will help you to find a suitable product.
- Why Should Have a Cookbook Stand in Your Kitchen?
- What Are The Best Cookbook Stands?
- Best Cookbook Stand Comparison Chart
- Top 12 Best Cookbook Stand Reviews 2020
- 1. Deluxe Large Cookbook Stand
- 2. wishacc Bamboo Cookbook Stand
- 3. Norpro Acrylic CookBook Stand
- 4. OXO Pop-Up Cookbook Stand
- 5. Tripar Metal Cookbook Stand
- 6. Boston Warehouse Tablet Cookbook Stand
- 7. VonShef 07/277 Wire Cookbook Stand
- 8. Home Basics Cast Iron Fleur De Lis Cookbook Stand
- 9. U.S. Art Supply Cookbook Stand
- 10. Clear Solutions Under Cabinet Mounted Cookbook Holder
- 11. Hala Flip Cookbook Stand
- 12. Stump Cookbook Stand
- What Should You Consider for the Best Cookbook Stand?
- My Top Pick
Why Should Have a Cookbook Stand in Your Kitchen?
In cooking, someone can make dishes by merely tossing together a little of this and a dash of that while others need some instructions. This is the reason why cookbooks are often among the best-seller books.
Using a cookbook when cooking might cause some annoying moments. For example, a breeze interrupts your concentration, turning the recipe papers while your hands are full of ingredients.
In this case, the cookbook stand will keep your recipe open, so you quickly scan through ingredients without touching your sticky hands to the pages. With a stand, cookbooks are held at an easy-to-read angle, which reduces pains and allows you to concentrate on your cooking.
Cookbook stand also can do multiple other tasks. Your children can use the stand as a study tool to keep their textbooks.
Most cookbook stands are also capable of accommodating electronic devices like smartphones, iPads, types of tablets, Kindle, and more. You and your kids can watch your favorite online content with your hands still free to do other tasks like washing dishes or folding clothes.
What Are The Best Cookbook Stands?
Here I list my top 12 best cookbook stands with a short description of their key features to help you find one that best matches your expectations. Without any further ado, let’s jump into my list.
- Best Overall: Clear Solution Deluxe Large Cookbook Stand
“Sturdy and flexible, this stand is great for holding books of various thicknesses and weights.”
- Best for Budget: wishacc Bamboo Cookbook Stand
“Made from durable bamboo, this stand provides sturdy support and 5 angle settings for pain-free reading.”
- Best Lightweight: Norpro Acrylic CookBook Stand
“Entirely made of lightweight, durable acrylic, this cookbook stand is convenient to use and easy to clean.”
- Best Acrylic: OXO Pop-Up Cookbook Stand
“Auto-opens and folds neatly when not in use, this compact acrylic stand will fit nicely on your counter.”
- Best Design: Tripar Metal Cookbook Stand
“Decorative swirl design and the beautiful brown painted finish make the holder too attractive to resist.”
- Best for Gift: Boston Warehouse Tablet Cookbook Stand
“It is beautifully made and perfectly functions, a cute and practical gift for your friend.”
- Best Metal: VonShef 07/277 Wire Cookbook Stand
“This sturdy, attractive stand supports your books at perfect viewing angle; highly recommend it to a cocktail counter.”
- Best Heavy-Duty: Home Basics Cast Iron Fleur De Lis Cookbook Stand
“Heavy-duty construction of cast iron helps the stand securely holds small to large cookbooks without tipping.”
- Best Wooden: U.S. Art Supply Cookbook Stand
“A nice wooden product to keep your recipes close in hand, make cooking more quickly and easily.”
- Best for Space Saving: Clear Solutions Under Cabinet Mounted Cookbook Holder
“Folding up neatly under the cabinet when not in use, this stand does not need an inch on your counter to do its job.”
- Best with Splatter Shield: Hala Flip Cookbook Stand
“Holds books or tablets of any size; keeps everything splatter-free. This is just the right cookbook stand for any cook.”
- Best for iPad: Stump Cookbook Stand
“Compact, sturdy, durable, and affordable. This silicon stand is the best to learn cooking recipes on digital devices.”
Best Cookbook Stand Comparison Chart
Before going to the in-depth reviews of the top 12 best cookbook stands, take a look at their most outstanding features in the following comparison chart.
|Best Cookbook Stands||Adjustable Reading Angle||Splatter Shield||Dimensions (Inches)|
|Clear Solution Deluxe Large Cookbook Stand - Best Overall||4 positions||Yes||19.0 x 13.0 x 3.0|
|wishacc Bamboo Cookbook Stand - Best for Budget||5 positions||No||Three sizes: 11.0 x 8.5 x 0.4, 13.2 x 9.2 x 1.6, 15.4 x 11 x 1.6|
|Norpro Acrylic CookBook Stand - Best Lightweight||Not adjusted||Yes||12.8 x 9.3 x 3.8|
|OXO Pop-Up Cookbook Stand - Best Acrylic||Not adjusted||Yes||1.75 x 9 x 12.6|
|Tripar Metal Cookbook Stand - Best Design||Adjustable||No||13 x 9.7 x 13.5|
|Boston Warehouse Tablet Cookbook Stand - Best for Gift||Not adjustable||No||9.0 x 17.4 x 2.9|
|VonShef 07/277 Wire Cookbook Stand - Best Metal||Not adjustable||No||11.8 x 9.8 x 7.4|
|Home Basics Cast Iron Fleur De Lis Cookbook Stand - Best Heavy-Duty||Not adjustable||No||14.0 x 5.0 x 12.0|
|U.S. Art Supply Cookbook Stand - Best Adjustable||3 positions||No||9.6 x 1.0 x 13.6|
|Clear Solutions Under Cabinet Mounted Cookbook Holder - Best for Storage||Adjustable||Yes||18 x 3 x 10|
|Hala Flip Cookbook Stand - Best with Splatter Shield||3 positions||Yes||10 x 13.5 x 1.5|
|Stump Cookbook Stand - Best for iPad||3 positions||No||3.5 (diameter) x 1.5 (tall)|
Top 12 Best Cookbook Stand Reviews 2020
The last step to make sure you pick the best suitable choice is checking out the pros and cons of each product. The best cookbook stand will fulfill your demands for a favorite reading environment and kitchen décor as well.
1. Deluxe Large Cookbook Stand
Example when you are cooking and no one can help you hold your Italian large, heavy cookbooks, Clear Solutions Deluxe Large Cookbook Holder with Cherry Base is the best choice.
It features 2 pieces of clear plastic: the first piece can slide into one of the 4 slots carved on the wood base and works as the back support; the other piece of plastic is fixed on a hinge and is the splatter shield.
You can move the sturdy back piece of plastic along four grooves to have the best reading angle while the hinged shield offers the greatest overall protection against splatters. Also, the shield can fold flat backward or forward for easier page-turning and convenient storage.
- Can be adjusted to a comfortable reading angle
- Clear acrylic shield
- Extra-large size is perfect for larger books
- A metal hinge allows the entire holder to fold flat for storage
- One-year warranty
- Ideal for big-size cookbooks
- Easy to use
- Very convenient to store
- Offers great protection against splatters
- Sturdy and durable
- A bit pricey
- Takes up much counter space
|Dimensions||19.02 x 12.99 x 2.99 inches|
|Item weight||3.6 pounds|
|Material||Cherry wood base and acrylic pieces|
Watch this video to see more about Deluxe Large Cookbook Stand:
2. wishacc Bamboo Cookbook Stand
(Best for Budget)
wishacc Bamboo Cookbook Stand is the best budget-friendly choice for anyone looking for a functional product at an affordable price. The cookbook has a sturdy and durable construction made from high-quality bamboo, so it can hold books of any size.
For comfort reading, the base is designed with a 5-position-adjustment bracket, which enables multiple angles depending on the devices and the position you stand. There is also a pair of clips in the front edge of the holder to keep the pages from slipping.
When not in use, it can conveniently fold down flat for storing and carrying. With a sleek design, this stand is suitable for your kitchen as well as the workshop.
- Has five reading angles
- Can be folded up for easy carrying.
- Comes in three sizes for your choice
- Features non-slip rubber feet
- Sleek design
- Sturdy and durable construction
- Can be adjusted for the best viewing angles
- Easy to clean
- Affordable price
- Has no splatter shield
- The front clips are a bit tight made to move when you insert the book into
|Item weight||1.25 pounds/ 1.65 pounds/ 2.79 pounds|
If you are still unclear about this product, check this video:
3. Norpro Acrylic CookBook Stand
Norpro Acrylic Cookbook Stand is a crystal clear cookbook stand with a simple but sleek design. The whole stand is made of durable acrylic, which can hold paper cookbooks, iPads, or tablets for easy viewing while you cook.
It has a wide front shield to protect your recipes from food stains, splatters, and greasy fingers. Also, there is no need to concern about cleaning because the entire holder can wipe clean with a damp cloth.
The Norpro is very lightweight. It is also enough compact to save your space on the counter for a tidy kitchen.
- The whole stand is made of clear acrylic and weighs only 14.9 ounce
- Has an in-built splatter shield
- One viewing angle
- Does not fold up to store
- Contemporary design
- Lightweight and compact for small kitchen
- Can wipe clean effortlessly
- Durable for long use
- Affordable price
- For some users, the unit is not ideal for books because the angle is difficult to view
- It needs a little more tilt for easier reading
|Dimensions||12.75 x 3.75 x 9.25 inches|
|Item weight||14.9 ounces|
4. OXO Pop-Up Cookbook Stand
I suggest this OXO product because of its smart design for ultimate usage. The holder has no problem holding a 4-inch thick book, tablet, or iPad securely at an easy-to-read angle.
There is a shield included to protect pages and screen from food spills, splatters, or your messy hand. When you need to turn the page, the clear plastic shield in the front can pull forward almost 90 degrees, giving ample space for one-hand page-turning or scrolling.
One of the outstanding features of the unit is that when it’s not in use, it can fold totally flat and be stored neatly on a bookshelf or a small drawer.
- Auto-opens for easy loading
- Splatter guard
- Screen easily pulls down for one-handed page turning or scrolling
- Folds up flat for compact storage
- Opens automatically for simple loading
- Can fold flat for storage on a bookshelf
- Perfect for electronic devices
- Modern design
- Cannot adjust the tilt
|Dimensions||1.75 x 9 x 12.63 inches|
|Item weight||1.4 pounds|
This video will help you have more reasons to pick the product:
5. Tripar Metal Cookbook Stand
This sleek cookbook stand is the perfect pairing for a modern kitchen. In term of its function, the unit features a sturdy metal frame which promises an excellent support for your large and heavy cookbook.
With an adjustable lean back, you can change the tilt to have a comfortable reading angle while preparing recipes. The most exciting things about this stand are the little balls on chains to keep the page in place. They are so adorable and functional.
Though the back can fold flat, the whole stand is still pretty big, so make sure your counter has space
- Sturdy metal frame
- Adjustable reading angles
- Foldable design
- Featuring 2 chains with ball accents to keep pages open
- Adorable look
- Can hold big-size cookbooks
- Has two chain to keep the pages from slipping
- Durable metal construction
- It is a bit upright
- No splatter guard
|Dimensions||13 x 9.75 x 13.5 inches|
|Item weight||1 pound|
6. Boston Warehouse Tablet Cookbook Stand
(Best for Gift)
Are you looking for a gift for a cook? This Boston Warehouse Tablet Cookbook Stand is what you need. The rustic wood design with a black and white finish makes it look awesome on any counter.
Made of composite wood, the stand can hold cookbooks small to medium in thickness or any electric device. The easel back firmly supports the board at a fixed angle and can fold down for compact storage.
There are three print styles on the board: Bake, Recipes, or Cooking Measurements. So you can pick one of them for a cute gift to friends.
- Stands at an angle
- A foldable easel back for easy storage
- Compatible with most electronic devices
- Made of composite wood
- Nice looking
- Wipes clean easily
- Compact to store
- Ideal for a gift
- Decent price
- It might tilt over
- There is no splatter guard
|Dimensions||8.98 x 17.4 x 2.99 inches|
|Item weight||1 pound|
|Other features||Black and white prints|
7. VonShef 07/277 Wire Cookbook Stand
VonShef 07/277 Wire Cookbook Stand is incredibly sturdy and classic in design. It has the ideal height of the stand and provides the perfect angle for easy reading while cooking.
The feature I like the most is the height of the stand which helps hold the book 4 inches high off the counter. As a result, it keeps recipe books out the way of ingredients and liquids. Another nice feature is that books easily slip into the stand and can move without falling off.
You could use the holder to display a cocktail book on top of your liquor cabinet, which will bring a modern look to your kitchen.
- Sturdy metal frame
- Non-folding design
- Book support rack raised from the countertop
- Sturdy and durable design
- Has ideal height to protect books from food stains
- Nice looking
- Ideal for small counter
- Quite cumbersome for storage
- Takes up much space
|Dimensions||11.81 x 9.84 x 7.48 inches|
|Item weight||2.1 pounds|
8. Home Basics Cast Iron Fleur De Lis Cookbook Stand
Made from cast iron, Home Basics Cast Iron Fleur De Lis Cookbook Stand is very heavy-duty to support the weight and thickness of even the heftiest cookbooks.
It is quite large and does a great job with large cookbooks as well as electronic devices, especially iPads. Though it has only one viewing angle and offers no protection for the pages, the holder is better than its peers at accommodating booking of different sizes.
The only thing I do not like is its non-folding design. Fortunately, the traditional fleur-de-lis design makes it looks beautiful enough to leave out on the kitchen countertop.
- Made from heavyweight cast iron
- Traditional fleur-de-lis design
- Has two pegs to keep the pages
- Non-folding design
- Very sturdy and durable construction
- Securely holds large and hefty books
- Traditional design
- Ensure no tipping
- The unit has some heft and weight
- Cannot fold down for storage
|Dimensions||14.00 x 5.00 x 12.00 inches|
|Item weight||4.24 pounds|
9. U.S. Art Supply Cookbook Stand
U.S. Art Supply Cookbook Stand has a smart design to maximize the adjustability and minimize the space needed for storage. You will love the way it folds flat, down to just a 1-inch thick block to be stored in any drawer.
The unit has a very sturdy base with three grooves for adjustable reading angles. You can put a large book, iPad, tablet, or even an art canvases on it.
The front edge has two flip-up wooden arms to keep the recipes from turning during use. Being well-crafted, sturdy, and beautiful, this unit is a great buy at a reasonable price.
- A natural wood colored easel stand
- Three reading angles
- A fold-out tray rest with two flip-up page holders
- The tray rest has an iPad and tablet charging cable cutaway
- Can folds flat to compact storage
- Easy to store, doesn’t take up a lot of space
- Well-suited for smartphones and tablets
- A sturdy base to hold firm most cookbooks
- Reasonable price
- Does not offer a splatter guard
- May not be as durable as expected
|Brand||U.S. Art Supply|
|Dimensions||9.60 x 1.00 x 13.60 inches|
|Item weight||2 pounds|
|Other features||Aged Beechwood|
|Color||Natural wooden color|
I found an interesting video about this product. Take a few minutes to watch it:
10. Clear Solutions Under Cabinet Mounted Cookbook Holder
(Best for Space Saving)
If your kitchen counter does not have enough space for a cookbook stand, this under cabinet mounted cookbook holder is the best solution. After some installment, the holder can fold underneath the cabinet without taking up an inch of your counter.
It fits most of your cookbooks and tablets with dimensions of 18 x 3 x 10 inches, except too long books. The transparent plastic cover works well to keep your pages safe from food spills and splatters while ensuring you have a good view from any cooking position.
The stand is made in the US with native maple, which looks great when coming with any wooden cabinet.
- Mount under cabinet
- Folds up under cabinet when not in use
- Acrylic splatter shield
- Adjustable thickness and viewing angle
- Save counter space
- Keeps cookbook out of the way, clean
- Easy to turn pages and read
- Need some installment
- High-end price
|Dimensions||18 x 3 x 10 inches|
|Item weight||4.7 pounds|
|Material||US native maple base|
11. Hala Flip Cookbook Stand
(Best with Splatter Shield)
Hala Flip Cookbook Stand is an excellent product made from the combination of bamboo and acrylic. The large plastic shield can protect 90% of even a large book from splatters.
To support the best comfortable viewing angles, the unit features an adjustable back, holding your book at three different positions on your preference. Thanks to its high-quality, durable construction, the stand work great with digital devices as well.
Less important but still worth mentioning, its self-contained, slim design allows the holder to fold flat for compact storage when not in use.
- Can be adjusted to 3 viewing angles
- Large protective splatter shield
- Self-contained, slim design for compact storage
- High-quality, durable construction
- Sturdy to hold securely large books and tablet
- A large plastic shield
- Collapsible for easy storage
- Attractive look
- Cannot accommodate book more than 2 inches in thickness
|Dimensions||10 x 13.5 x 1.5 inches|
|Item weight||2.85 pounds|
|Color||Natural wooden color|
This video will help you more clear about the product:
12. Stump Cookbook Stand
(Best for iPad)
Stump Cookbook Stand is designed for people who love to learn cooking recipes via digital devices like tablets, e-readers, and smartphones. It is made from grippy material and a weighted base to makes it stable enough for heavy devices.
The Stump Stand fits most cases less than half an inch thick. It also provides three viewing angles: nearly upright, roughly 30 degrees from vertical, and a low position, portrait or landscape mode.
With a surface diameter of 3.75 inches, this unit is the smallest stand you can find, so you can stow it anywhere when you are not using it.
- Support multiple viewing positions: ramp, lean, and upright
- Comes in 4 different colors
- Compatible with all smartphones, e-readers, and tablets less than 0.5 inches in thickness
- Compact for easy storage
- Stable, durable design
- Ideal for digital devices, especially iPad
- Affordable design
- Not suitable for traditional paper recipes and cookbooks
|Dimensions||1.5 inches tall and 3.5 inches in diameter|
|Item weight||8.8 ounces|
|Color||Black, red, green, and light gray|
Watch this video before you make any purchase:
What Should You Consider for the Best Cookbook Stand?
Many think that buying the best cookbook stand is just a pie of cake until they pick a product that does not match their expectations at all. At this time, they will understand that there are crucial factors to consider before making any purchase.
Traditional Cookbooks or Digital Devices
First of all, you should consider which type of recipes you often use, a traditional cookbook or a digital device like an e-reader, iPad, or tablet. Thanks to technology innovation, now anyone can access the most unique cooking recipes conveniently and quickly via the internet.
At the same time, there are still cooks who are still loyal to traditional cookbooks. Because of this fact, the cookbook stands on the market are designed to match the differences of each type.
If you prefer a traditional paper cookbook, the stands should be adjustable and sturdy enough to fit a wide range of book thicknesses. You can test the base to make sure if it is solid enough to hold hefty books without tipping.
It will be better if there is a splatter guard to keep cookbook pages away food stains, and the guard should hinge for quick page-turning. Otherwise, you have to stop your work just to flip the page.
For electronic devices, you should make sure the stand sturdy enough to resists tipping over or shaking when you tap the device’s screen. It also allows for inserting and removing the device easily. It would be even better if the reading angle can be adjusted, too.
You might need stands that didn’t take up a lot of space because there is not much space available on your countertop. In this case, you should consider small and slimline designs.
Additionally, the models with foldable design will be more suitable if you want to store the stand away when it is not in use.
Take a few minutes to discuss some questions frequently asked about the cookbook stand. The following answers will help you be more sure about your shopping decision.
My Top Pick
Each candidate on my list has its own advantage to convince a particular group of demands. For me, the Clear Solution Deluxe Large Cookbook Stand is the final pick because it is better than any other stands at holding books of various thicknesses and weights.
I also love its large, hinged acrylic shield since it offers the greatest overall protection against splatters and allows for easier page-turning. In terms of adjustability, it supports up to four viewing angles.
Have you made your decision? Share with me your choice and review. If you like this buying guide and find it valuable, why not spread it to your friends?