From New England to Manhattan, the best-canned clam chowder is famous for its competitive variants as much as for its soothing brine flavor. Whether you want a dense, creamy base, a bright red broth, or a delicate broth of clam juice, there’s a clam chowder for every soup hunter.
- What Is Clam Chowder?
- Is Clam Chowder Healthy For You?
- New England Style Vs. Manhattan Style
- Which Are The Best Canned Clam Chowders?
- Best Canned Clam Chowder Comparison Chart
- Top 14 Best Canned Clam Chowders in 2020 – Detailed Reviews
- 1. PROGRESSO 18.5oz Rich & Hearty New England Clam Chowder
- 2. BAR HARBOR 15oz Condensed New England Clam Chowder
- 3. BAR HARBOR 15oz Ready-To-Serve New England Clam Chowder
- 4. CAMPBELL’S 10.5oz New England Clam Chowder
- 5. CAMPBELL’S 18.8oz New England Clam Chowder
- 6. CAMPBELL’S 10.75oz Manhattan Clam Chowder
- 7. PROGRESSO 18.5oz Light New England Clam Chowder
- 8. CHINCOTEAGUE 15oz New England Clam Chowder
- 9. CHINCOTEAGUE 15oz Manhattan Clam Chowder
- 10. TONY’S CLAM CHOWDER 51oz New England Clam Chowder
- 11. THE BLACK PEARL 15oz New England Clam Chowder
- 12. LEGOUT 51oz New England Clam Chowder
- 13. BOUDIN BAKERY 19oz New England Clam Chowder
- 14. STONEWALL KITCHEN 15oz New England Clam Chowder
- The Best Canned Clam Chowders – Buying Guides
- Which Brand Of Canned Clam Chowder Is Best?
- My Top Pick
What Is Clam Chowder?
Clam chowder is a soup or a broth of seafood, as clams or fish typically made with milk or tomatoes, onions, salt pork, and other veggies.
Some use a red broth made with spices and tomatoes, others use milk to make a thick, creamy broth, and there is also a clear broth made from clam juice.
Is Clam Chowder Healthy For You?
Clams are a perfect source of protein, low in fat and calories, and full of minerals. The clams are not as light in calories and fat when adding a high in cream soup and cover in bacon and potatoes.
Clams themselves are healthy enough; adding a few more other additives makes clam chowders so nutritious that a small bowl will supply nearly half of your daily needs.
- Top 15 Best Kona Coffee Reviews in 2020
- Top 15 Best Herbal Teas To Buy in 2020
- Top 15 Best Broiler Pans On The Market 2020
- Top 15 Best Portable Ice Makers To Buy in 2020
- Top 15 Best Pizza Cutters On The Market 2020
- Top 11 Best Stainless Steel Rice Cookers To Buy 2020
- Top 15 Best Panini Presses On The Market 2020
- Top 15 Best Cake Pans To Buy 2020
So canned clam chowder can be an excellent way to save time and yet provide a tasty dinner. It’s high in protein, sodium, and calories.
New England Style Vs. Manhattan Style
When it comes to clam chowder, there are a handful of varieties. The two front-runners are the New England and Manhattan clam chowders, and each clam chowder recipe may not be any different.
New England Clam Chowder
Identified as the Boston Clam Chowder, the sauce is fluffy with milk or cream, offering white color. So easy to recognize!
This very famous North East soup often goes or thickens with oyster crackers. It is thick and full of clams, tomatoes, onions, and also salted pork.
The Manhattan Clam Chowder
Because of its bright red, it is distinctly different from the get-go. The broth is lighter and made of tomato paste and tomato instead of milk or cream and green vegetables such as carrots, onions, celery, and potatoes.
Some garlic has added to boost the flavor. Interestingly enough, Manhattan Clam Chowder has little to do with New York City.
No matter if you prefer New England clam chowder or The Manhattan clam chowder or love them both, the clam chowder ‘battle’ is real and begins from your cuisine needs. Will you be the next candidate to get the best-canned clam chowder?
Which Are The Best Canned Clam Chowders?
It’s not easy to find the best-canned clam chowder. I have spent the last months or so of lunches reviewing any canned or prepared clam chowder you could find.
Let’s talk about nutrition first. The canned clam chowder has typically around 3 grams of protein per 100 grams, depending on the brand and form. The PROGRESSO, CAMPBELL, and BAR HARBOR styles vary from 4 to 5 grams per serving.
The calms are used to evaluate the herbs and the flavor or spices in the formula. Being a seafood-based product, the clam chowder appears to be salty, and the clam amounts in the dish itself also dictate its taste, so that aspect is also noticed from CHINCOTEAGUE, LEGOUT, and STONEWALL KITCHEN.
Keep following to find out which foundation base of the chowder soup will please you right at the very first try!
- Best Overall: PROGRESSO 18.5oz Rich & Hearty New England Clam Chowder
“Typical New England clam chowder soup is filled with high-quality ingredients and classic flavors for the entire family. Gluten-free and less than 100 calories per meal.”
- Best Budget: BAR HARBOR 15oz Condensed New England Clam Chowder
“The cream soup is already condensed. It’s clean of MSG and artificial preservatives. The Bar Harbor New England Clam Chowder style does not contain toxic trans fat.”
- Best with Clam Juices: BAR HARBOR 15oz Ready-To-Serve New England Clam Chowder
“It’s as close as ‘new off the docks’ without being to Maine and enjoys clam juices, a creamy mix of protein high in minerals, potatoes, and seasonings.”
- Best Mixture: CAMPBELL’S 10.5oz New England Clam Chowder
“Lunch whenever you need an easy filling, savor every comforting spoonful, then improve your seafood experience by enabling baby clams to the mixture.”
- Best Recyclable Can: CAMPBELL’S 18.8oz New England Clam Chowder
“A cup of creamy warmth, great for the active lifestyle; expect generous bits of sweet clam and hearty potatoes that will complete you.”
- Best Manhattan-style: CAMPBELL’S 10.75oz Manhattan Clam Chowder
“From tomato to chicken noodle, give you a tasty soup with standard, farm-grown recipes; an excellent flavor to use on salad bars and soup.”
- Best Ready-To-Serve: PROGRESSO 18.5oz Light New England Clam Chowder
“Cook with clams and potatoes for a traditional flavor that is as good as it is tasty. Progresso creamy clam chowder is gluten-free and quick to serve in minutes.”
- Best Condensed: CHINCOTEAGUE 15oz New England Clam Chowder
“The best in condensed chowder provides a range of nutritious ingredients and gives you a choice to apply cream, milk, or butter to the thickness you like.”
- Best Clam Content: CHINCOTEAGUE 15oz Manhattan Clam Chowder
“Good flavor and texture, the true clam taste to perform without adding both plain and flavored; the sweet, fresh potatoes and still low in cholesterols.”
- Best In Size: TONY’S CLAM CHOWDER 51oz New England Clam Chowder
“Feature a rich, creamy taste in a 51-ounce can. Tony’s chowder uses both clam and clam juice for a deep taste. There is also a touch of bacon and spices blends.”
- Best Classic: THE BLACK PEARL 15oz New England Clam Chowder
“Clam chowder from Black Pearl is a dish that any person should try because it’s classic, one of its sort, and an unshakeable part of Newport’s cultural heritage.”
- Best Restaurant Quality: LEGOUT 51oz New England Clam Chowder
“An ideal basement for any experienced kitchen, fully delicious. The condensed clam soup mix provides excellent consistency and comfort.”
- Best High-Rated Ingredients: BOUDIN BAKERY 19oz New England Clam Chowder
“All is better with no MSG and lowered salt, fat, and carbohydrates. Just bundle up and prepare a tasty dinner from the San Francisco concept.”
- Best Convenience: STONEWALL KITCHEN 15oz New England Clam Chowder
“Simple to do with just a few popular pantry items; in a couple of minutes you can get a creamy, thick, and hearty meal. Expertly crafted with the finest ingredients.”
Best Canned Clam Chowder Comparison Chart
The best-canned clam chowder has often served in the dinner tables as a staple soup. It’s a highly nutritious, healthy soup that your family would certainly appreciate. Down below, you can have an overview look at the top choices in the market. Which one will be the one?
|Best Canned Clam Chowders||Type||Recipe Style||Net Weight||Package Dimensions|
|PROGRESSO 18.5oz Rich & Hearty New England Clam Chowder - Best Overall||Ready-To-Serve||New England||18.5 ounces||12 x 12 x 12 inches|
|BAR HARBOR 15oz Condensed New England Clam Chowder - Best Budget||Condensed||New England||15 ounces||8.4 x 4.9 x 4.8 inches|
|BAR HARBOR 15oz Ready-To-Serve New England Clam Chowder - Best with Clam Juices||Ready-To-Serve||New England||15 ounces||9 x 6 x 4.8 inches|
|CAMPBELL'S 10.5oz New England Clam Chowder - Best Mixture||Condensed||New England||10.5 ounces||10.08 x 8.20 x 4.00 inches|
|CAMPBELL'S 18.8oz New England Clam Chowder - Best Recyclable Can||Ready-To-Serve||New England||18.8 ounces||13.03 x 9.49 x 5.2 inches|
|CAMPBELL’S 10.75oz Manhattan Clam Chowder - Best Manhattan-style||Condensed||Manhattan||10.75 ounces||10.7 x 7.8 x 3.5 inches|
|PROGRESSO 18.5oz Light New England Clam Chowder - Best Ready-To-Serve||Ready-To-Serve||New England||18.5 ounces||10.5 x 7.5 x 5.6 inches|
|CHINCOTEAGUE 15oz New England Clam Chowder - Best Condensed||Condensed||New England||15 ounces||17.6 x 13.7 x 7.9 inches|
|CHINCOTEAGUE 15oz Manhattan Clam Chowder - Best Clam Content||Condensed||Manhattan||15 ounces||12.2 x 9.1 x 4.8 inches|
|TONY’S CLAM CHOWDER 51oz New England Clam Chowder - Best In Size||Condensed||New England||51 ounces||7 x 5 x 9 inches|
|THE BLACK PEARL 15oz New England Clam Chowder - Best Classic||Condensed||New England||15 ounces||13 x 10 x 5 inches|
|LEGOUT 51oz New England Clam Chowder - Best Restaurant Quality||Condensed||New England||51 ounces||13 x 12 x 12 inches|
|BOUDIN BAKERY 19oz New England Clam Chowder - Best High-Rated Ingredients||Condensed||New England||19 ounces||3 x 3 x 5 inches|
|STONEWALL KITCHEN 15oz New England Clam Chowder - Best Convenience||Condensed||New England||15 ounces||2.60 x 2.60 x 4.40 inches|
Top 14 Best Canned Clam Chowders in 2020 – Detailed Reviews
How do you know which one is the best-canned clam chowders for your family and friends? I have reviewed and summarized the top eight choices for your consideration.
Which character is important than the others? Which safe health ingredients are not allowed to overuse? Let’s do a tour and find out the truth!
1. PROGRESSO 18.5oz Rich & Hearty New England Clam Chowder
Feel warm, loaded, and satisfied with every bite of clam chowder soup. Filled with lots of tasty clams and soft potato chunks, this gluten-free recipe makes a rich, fluffy meal that’s ready in less than five minutes.
More than that, this fantastic PROGRESSO 18.5oz Rich & Hearty New England Clam Chowder is made with the finest ingredients and without any artificial colors, artificial tastes, or additional MSG.
After collecting their clams, Sea Watch transfers all empty shells to the Chesapeake Bay. All you have is ready-to-serve in less than 5 minutes. You can leave the can carefully in the microwave for 1 minute, heat in a sealed microwave oven for 2 to 4 minutes, then refrigerate all the leftovers.
- Canned broth with no artificial colors or artificial spices
- Crafted from pure-white meat, no hormones or antibiotics applied
- Instant ready-to-serve soup from a simple pull-up can table in five minutes
- Gluten-free clam chowder sauce made of fluffy potato chunks and tasty clams
- Load every pantry with this soft, hearty goodness
- Enjoy the perfect dish with sourdough bread for every dinner
- Over twenty flavors of gluten-free soup; suit cozily, entirely in fan’s lives
- Maintain the growing clam population by providing ‘beds’ for the clams to live
- Can distort the taste if it is overdone
|Pack Size||12 cans|
|Main Ingredients||Clam Broth, Potatoes, Clams, Soybean Oil, Water, Modified Food Starch, Onions|
2. BAR HARBOR 15oz Condensed New England Clam Chowder
What a hearty meal! All-natural seafood is boasting for itself. The BAR HARBOR 15oz Condensed New England Clam Chowder is cooked in small quantities, as the way citizens on the Maine coastline doing for decades.
The recipe has been fine-tuned for years. It’s filled with juicy clams and fresh, all-natural ingredients. The chowder “fresh off the docks of Maine” is as tasty as you can find.
Eat this excellent Maine clam chowder either on its own or as part of a meal. Your family is going to love its creamy texture. A nice, tasty meal would make them feel good inside and outside.
- Filling and hearty, no MSG or artificial preservatives
- Enhance tastes by adding a can of baby clams or chopped clams
- Bar Harbor’s chowder recipe has been passed down over generations
- The specialty seafood chowders are filled with essential, simple recipes
- The fresh flavor and gluten-free
- A Marine tradition and staple
- The proper scale of clams and vegetables
- Condensed, trans-fat-free clam chowder
- There’s no wiggle room in the product package
|Pack Size||Three cans|
|Main Ingredients||Fresh Clams, Potatoes, Water, Wheat Flour, Butter, Native Tapioca Starch|
3. BAR HARBOR 15oz Ready-To-Serve New England Clam Chowder
(Best with Clam Juices)
On the Maine coast, real, fantastic food is part of Bar Harbor’s heritage. This BAR HARBOR 15oz Ready-To-Serve New England Clam Chowder delivers authentic all-natural clam specialties fresh from the cold, clean waters of the North Atlantic Ocean.
You can’t go without tasty flavor when it comes to authentic Maine cuisine. Using the fresh clams to add an extra creamy taste while baking fish or as a replacement for water base in your preferred clam chowder soup recipes.
Enjoy a crisp, new test of fresh clam, clam juices, and local specialty wherever you are. The clams derive from a fishery that has been independently accredited to the MSC level for adequately controlled and productive fisheries.
- Wild-eco and sustainably harvested clam in OZ-Open can
- Pure, all organic ingredients; no MSG or artificial preservatives
- Simple, understandable ingredients; tiny, hand-crafted batches
- From original recipes; new natural ingredients to enticing convenience
- Ready to serve with a quick open lid
- Great comfort meal on a rainy day or any other day
- Delicious New England restaurant-quality clam chowder
- Thoroughly cooked; quick to warm with stove-stop or microwave safe
- Far lighter, practically not much taste
|Pack Size||Six cans|
|Main Ingredients||Clam Juice, Fresh Sea Clams, Potatoes, Water, Rice Flour, Butter, Non-GMO, Expeller-Pressed Canola Oil|
4. CAMPBELL’S 10.5oz New England Clam Chowder
Try every spoonful of Campbell’s condensed soup with colorful pasta forms like Star Wars and Disney Princess; there’s a grin. Channel senses the coastline with the CAMPBELL’S 10.5oz New England Clam Chowder.
A classic New England chowder you’re looking for, starting with a rich clam stock filled with clams and potatoes. Soon you find the right blend of creamy broth with truthful ingredients like succulent clams and potatoes, making decadent bowls.
Heat up first, wrapped in a microwave oven over high for 3 to 3.5 minutes. You should leave it carefully in the microwave for 1 minute; then, start stirring it to achieve the soup base as your expectations.
- Perform the best by adding one milk can
- No artificial flavors, low in cholesterol and fat
- Loaded in a non-BPA lined, 10.5 ounces recyclable can
- A great deal of classic taste, infused with clams and potatoes
- Not contain any preservatives
- Low calories count in a hearty soup
- Ingredients cook to home-style perfection
- Quick preparation time as a snack or quick meal
- There are only a few amounts of onions
|Pack Size||12 cans|
|Main Ingredients||Clams, Modified Food Starch, Clam Stock, Potatoes, Water, Monosodium Glutamate, Yeast Extract, Clam Extract|
5. CAMPBELL’S 18.8oz New England Clam Chowder
(Best with Recyclable Can)
The CAMPBELL’S 18.8oz New England Clam Chowder isn’t only about taste; it’s satisfying, too! Rich and aromatic, you can taste the integrity of its East Coast recipe throughout every bite of this ready-to-eat soup.
This soup is made with tender potatoes and large, juicy clams. It’s a healthy lunch or side dish combined with salads, roasted veggies, crackers, and more.
Kick it up by pouring this hearty chowder into a bowl of bread. The bulk case holding 12 cans of Chunky Clam Chowder is a decent buy for a recyclable can. Is there anything better to add to your eat green-live green menu?
- Available in hearty variations and tastes from the seashores
- Hearty broth with the flavor of country vegetables and seasoned beef
- Not comprise any of the eight major allergens, no artificial colors.
- Ready to eat soup and ready in minutes
- Spoonful complete with large bits of bold flavors
- Fulfill your hunger after a workout or the big game
- Each chowder can have 12 grams of protein for a hungry team.
- Microwave heating uneven can cause popping.
|Pack Size||12 cans|
|Main Ingredients||Clam Stock, Potatoes, Clams, Vegetable Oil, Celery, Water, Wheat Flour, Salt, Sugar, Soy Sauce, Buttermilk|
6. CAMPBELL’S 10.75oz Manhattan Clam Chowder
Either Campbell’s Condensed Soups are your hidden recipe element, or you want to boil in a perfect cup, I have clam chowder for every day that everybody will enjoy.
When you grab a famous red and white can, the good news you’re taking on a trustworthy brand that cuts down artificial colors and flavors. Seafood and tomato lovers enlist the CAMPBELL’S 10.75oz Manhattan Clam Chowder bowl.
It’s filling farm-grown tomatoes with delicious clam broth, celery, carrots, and succulent clams. Nothing better than growing all the veggies from the farm. That’s what we call Campell’s and their Manhattan organic recipe.
- Each spoonful is low in cholesterol and fat
- 12 cans per case with 60 calories per serving
- Recyclable 50 ounces can with shelf life is 730 days
- Versatile and easy to prepare by reconstituting with water
- Manhattan condensed clam chowder sauce
- Cooked from tomatoes in a base of clam broth
- Add some crackers to enhance the seafood experience
- Rich clam flavor, more versatility in taste and consistency
- Contains MSG spices
|Pack Size||12 cans|
|Main Ingredients||Purified Water, Potatoes, Carrots, Celery, Sweet Red & Green Peppers, Dehydrated Onions, Spices, Yeast Extract|
7. PROGRESSO 18.5oz Light New England Clam Chowder
At Progresso, they’re excited about making delicious food for you to love. That’s why this PROGRESSO 18.5oz Light New England Clam Chowder on a never-ending quest to serve the absolute most delicate soups.
This traditional New England clam chowder broth is filled with high-quality ingredients and classic flavors for the entire family to enjoy. More than that, the total serving time is now under five minutes and take around two servings for every container.
I must say that’s worth a chance in every cupboard and at your dinner table. Creamy and tasty soup that you’re proud to share with your loved ones!
- Gluten-free and less than 100 calories per meal
- An on-pack statement to the gluten-free finished food
- No added MSG except the one occurs naturally in the yeast extract
- Focused on criteria of the American Diabetes Association and the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Low fat, a good source of fiber
- The base is not as dense as the usual clam chowder
- Contain no colors or flavors from artificial sources
- At least 50 percent fewer calories than other ready-to-eat types
- Clams are a bit tiny, compared with the competitors
|Pack Size||Three cans|
|Main Ingredients||Clam Broth, Potatoes (Dried), Clams, Celery, Modified Food Starch, Water, Milk|
8. CHINCOTEAGUE 15oz New England Clam Chowder
When it comes to the finest canned clam chowder in condensed form, I award the CHINCOTEAGUE 15oz New England Clam Chowder a gold award.
Being on a lifetime low-carb diet, I chose to add clam juice rather than milk, and it became the most customized chowder I’ve ever had, including my own. You can add both the milk and clam juices for a creamy feeling.
I’m not saying that it beats the fresh chowders on the coast of New England, but even though it’s condensed, it still tastes stronger than what I find serving in a couple of restaurants.
- No MSG with naturally Sea-Licious
- The hearty and taste achieves consistency
- The wholesome clam chunks mark the signature
- Flexible to add cream, butter, or seasoning for spicier
- No preservatives
- Condensed and easy to prepare
- Very tasty, loads of tender clams
- No artificial coloring or flavoring
- It’s a little salty; add some milk to balance
|Pack Size||12 cans|
|Main Ingredients||Sea Clams (Juice), Potatoes, Water, Wheat Flour, Onions, Celery, Salt, Modified Food Starch, Soybean Oil, Butter|
9. CHINCOTEAGUE 15oz Manhattan Clam Chowder
(Best Clam Content)
Each spoonful is lined with tasting, and each taste has different flavors, but the overpowering flavor of the CHINCOTEAGUE 15oz Manhattan Clam Chowder is clams.
It’s a delicious basic Manhattan clam chowder because it tastes first and foremost clams, and there’s a lot of minced clam chunks in the dish. You’re going to have a clam from the first to the last turn.
Of course, if you want to cloak tomato soup with a “fishy” hint of taste and fragrance, this could please you.
- No artificial flavoring
- Seasoning with spices, celery, and onion
- Adding garden-ripe tomatoes and cabbage
- Cock-full of fresh, sea clam juice and tender sea clams
- No MSG
- No preservatives
- No artificial coloring
- Condensed and easy to prepare
- Lack of kick, prefer adding some black or cayenne pepper
|Pack Size||12 cans|
|Main Ingredients||Sea Clams (Juice), Potatoes, Tomato Puree, Carrots, Modified Food Starch, Celery, Unbleached Wheat Flour|
10. TONY’S CLAM CHOWDER 51oz New England Clam Chowder
(Best In Size)
I have enjoyed great chowders all over New England and Ireland, and this chowder is undoubtedly worthy of the hall of fame. If I serve a clam chowder for my special lunch, I’m pretty sure I’m going to take Tony’s recipe.
This canned food has been condensed. You should follow the label instructions on this TONY’S CLAM CHOWDER 51oz New England Clam Chowder to reach a perfectly balanced taste.
With these 51-ounce cans, I suggest you have a tablespoon of heavy cream and half & half, plus adding half & half and a spoonful of butter to achieve a fully balanced flavor. Right after the very first stirring, as Tony suggests, you will taste the best home-style New England chowder.
- Creamy with tons of tender clams
- Made in the USA as the oldest-best chowder
- 51oz condensed produce about three quarts of chowder
- Contains small MSG, gluten, elevated sodium levels, and bacon for flavor
- Rich, dense, and a big spice burst
- Pack with flavor and load with clams
- Savor Tony’s champion of 30+ year recipe
- Use salt, but the taste is balanced than salty
- The lid and edges are quite sharp when opened
|Brand||TONY’S CLAM CHOWDER|
|Pack Size||One can|
|Main Ingredients||Clams, Clam Juice, Water, Potatoes, Wheat Flour, Salt, Bacon|
11. THE BLACK PEARL 15oz New England Clam Chowder
You can take THE BLACK PEARL 15oz New England Clam Chowder with you! Having the world-famous clam chowder in 6-count or 12-count cases.
I have known beforehand the prestige of Black Pearl for consistency in all their food. The broth is a pure blue ribbon, and the chowder is packed with potatoes and clams. Just in this soup, you will have the fresh-touch ever with simple ingredients.
After boiling to a low boil and stirring constantly, a medium bowl of clam chowder is given to the taste. No more waiting, the quality of this item tastes much like the restaurant.
- The chowder base is perfect, not too thick or thin
- Good to add a pinch of paprika or butter before serving
- Nice design with labels to add to postcard or send as gifts
- There are four servings per can, and each serving 80 calories
- All of the natural fresh ingredients
- The contains are sparse, and it’s just broth
- A tasty and fast treat for family and friends
- Follow instructions on the can with the same condensed recipe
- Require adding some whole clams for a fresh taste
|Brand||THE BLACK PEARL|
|Pack Size||6 cans, 12 cans|
|Main Ingredients||Clam (Juice), Water, Potatoes, Salt, Modified Food Starch, Soybean Oil, Sodium Bisulfite, Celery (Extractives)|
12. LEGOUT 51oz New England Clam Chowder
Bring your friends to the North-East with this LEGOUT 51oz New England Clam Chowder. Excellent as a primary dish starter or as a melody to a salad or snack, the LeGout food is a cost-effective way to fill every menu.
Made with a healthy portion of clams and potatoes in a creamy clam broth, this canned soup mix gives chefs a simple alternative for a high-grade soup that seems as it’s created from scratch.
You are now finding a product with soy, wheat, and their by-products. LeGout’s simple, labor-saving bulk creamy soups are available in various popular flavors with specialty and regional classics.
- Store up on long shelf life of canned soups
- Labor-saving delivers full flavor with little preparation
- Preparation is easy, adding milk or water, warming and serving
- Served with a healthy portion of clams and potatoes in a creamy clam broth
- Zero gram of trans-fatty acid
- Canned clam chowder ready-to-cook
- Ideal for cafes, diners, soup bars, and restaurants
- Canned bulk food is safe for long-term storing
- Come with beans, note for allergy
|Pack Size||12 cans|
|Main Ingredients||Water, Clams, Potatoes, Wheat Flour, Soybean Oil, Salt, Sugar|
13. BOUDIN BAKERY 19oz New England Clam Chowder
(Best High-Rated Ingredients)
One of the ideal places to explore in San Francisco is the Boudin Sourdough Bakery and Fisherman’s Wharf Restaurant. Next is the meet-up with the BOUDIN BAKERY 19oz New England Clam Chowder!
Remember not to wait too long since you have the chance to bring ‘taste of San Francisco clam chowder’ home. Just heat and serve a delicious meal.
You will have chances to enjoy the elegant bread bowls with their famous Fisherman’s Wharf Clam Chowder. Your health care is no more a worry; the Boudin Bakery has worked hard to remove as many chemical spices in the recipe as possible.
- No MSG
- Cut down fat and carbohydrates
- Packed with three clam chowder cans of 19 ounces
- The sourdough bread flavor enhances seafood smells
- Minimize the sodium’s amount
- The total trans fatty acid of 1 gram
- Contain other pork products and fat bacon
- The textured base has more water than others canned chowder
|Pack Size||Three cans|
|Main Ingredients||Water, Rehydrated Potatoes, Clams, Soybean Oil, Wheat Flour, Corn Starch, Yeast, Milk, Soy, Shrimp, Clams|
14. STONEWALL KITCHEN 15oz New England Clam Chowder
Made with passion and carefully delivered, STONEWALL KITCHEN offerings result from decades spent dreaming, researching, and making perfect bites and tasty canned clam chowders.
The STONEWALL KITCHEN 15oz New England Clam Chowder is simmered in single batches and created from healthy ingredients such as tender clams from the cold Atlantic Ocean.
When you feel the highlights and long-standing tradition of past recipes, you’re going to agree that this is a delicious soup.
- Great with oyster crackers add-ins
- Seasoning with a bit of crushed black pepper
- Get some butter or cream to achieve high consistency
- Win the Stonewall Kitchen brand award of gourmet food
- No artificial colors
- No artificial tastes
- Spice the clams till the perfection
- Not too big or too small objects in base
- It’s not gluten-free
|Pack Size||One can|
|Main Ingredients||Fresh Clams, Potatoes, Water, Wheat Flour, Butter (Milk) Native Tapioca Starch, Onions, Sea Salt, Pepper|
The Best Canned Clam Chowders – Buying Guides
If you’re a beginner or a pundit in finding the best-canned clam chowders, be ready to follow this part. I will show the essential details; then, you will have an informed decision to find the right canned clam chowder to spice up your cold days.
The New England style is the most popular recipe. It blends whole clams with herbs and potatoes plus using either a milk or cream base. Maker also tends to use butter. Depending on the brands, the chowder can taste salty, spicy, or creamy.
Manhattan clam chowder is generally made with a mild broth and uses the flavor of tomatoes. It has a reddish color and is regarded as the opposite of New England chowder.
Ready-To-Serve Or Condensed?
Condensed indicates that the chowder contains little to no broth or suspension and consisting of the thicker items. The chowder needs to cook on a stovetop with extra ingredients such as milk and cream, making the broth thin.
No additional ingredients are needed for the Read-to-Serve chowder. The milk base and cream are present in the chowder. You have to heat it in a stove or microwave, adding some cream if you prefer a little thinner.
Since clam chowder contains a lot of milk and cream, it can be high in fat. Cholesterol levels should not be too high; 300 mg is maximum if you do not have heart problems.
There are a few additives to be careful of soya, MSG, gluten, and artificial flavor enhancers. Soy is the primary component of most New England chowders.
Artificial tastes strip the chowder of its true origins. Look for chowders that use real celery, parsley, and herbs.
Packages And Can Sizes
Usually, a one-serving can is around 15 ounces. It’s cheaper to buy food in a box of 8 to 12 cans if you’re going to eat chowder for a long time.
If you’ve not belonged with chowder, and you’re getting used to the flavor, try a two-pack or double-serve can. Condensed clam chowder cans will typically be 3 to 4 quarts, depending on the volume.
Which Brand Of Canned Clam Chowder Is Best?
I sum up the highly-recommend brands of best clam chowders to help you make the tastiest option possible. Let’s see if we have any common senses.
1. Bar Harbor
Bar Harbor FoodsTM delivers authentic clam and seafood specialties fresh from the cold, clean waters of the finest oceans throughout the world. They sort every piece of clam, fish, and lobster and cook all the food in small batches in Holmes Bay’s kitchen.
These uncompromising recipes and high-quality gourmet products are based on fresh, standard ingredients and give a homemade authentic and presentation. Chincoteague with specialty seafood soups, bisques, chowders, sauces, and gift packs.
Campbell’s soups’ red mark brings you back to childhood by adding a new condensed soup recipe. It is made with high-quality components such as succulent clams and fresh vegetables. Cherish the same sweet taste, with fewer calories.
4. Boudin Bakery
No MSG and reduced sodium, carbohydrate, and fat. It all began when Boudin Bakery first paired their freshly baked sourdough bread bowl with the classic San Francisco Wharf Clam Chowder.
The best-canned clam chowder is an easy soup to cook with a couple of pantry ingredients if you do not know. To make your quest simpler and land the right one, make sure you have these tips in hand on the first try.
My Top Pick
Canning the best-canned clam chowder is a perfect way to pack the goodness of a creamy clam sauce. It’s portable, well-preserved, and it’s a good low-budget option.
I will share with you my choice right now. I will go with the PROGRESSO 18.5oz Rich & Hearty New England Clam Chowder, which gives me a real balance between clam tastes and creamy flavors. Additionally, I do love the other contains so much.
So, which canned clam chowder is your next picking item? Kindly let me know and also take some time to share this sharing with your community. I am waiting to hear from you all about the favorites. Thank you for taking the time!